Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Refrigerator Woes

We acquired a larger refrigerator about a month after we settled in here. The small fridge was moved to the utility room , and it was great to have all that "back-up" storage capacity. We have been able to keep flour and other things that might get "buggy" in the fridge. Plus we also had better freezer space for extra chickens and bread. Then the bigger fridge started to make some loud noises and wasn't feeling very cold anymore. Unfortunately the thing has a leak and the coolant had all escaped, and our mission president doesn't want to try and fix it. I experienced some real grief contemplating how I was going to cope with this loss!

After I quit moping and pouting, Elder Krupp started combining partially empty jars of jam and mustard, we ate up the leftovers, took out the flour and other not so important things, and now everything fits in the smaller fridge. I don't know why I get so upset about such unimportant things. I should just be grateful to have so much food, don't you agree?

No comments: