Monday, August 25, 2008

6 Months Today

We entered the MTC (Missionary Training Center) 6 months ago. I will admit the time has gone very quickly. That should give me hope that I will soon be home because I am feeling homesick today. I know that seem ridiculous for a grown-up, rational adult to be homesick. Our kids have been so great to send pictures, emails, etc. The problem is that I want to see first hand the remodel project at Kurt's house. I want to smell the newness. They can't capture that in the pictures. I want to hear Tyson's laughter as he rides that 2 wheel bike all by himself. I want to see the concentration on Megan & Kayleigh's faces as they perform at their piano recital. I want to be in the pool with Amber and Brianna as they dive for rings at Grandma's pool and try to race them to the bottom of the deep end. I want to see Dylan's gecko eat bugs and listen to Ethan say "you know what grandma?" I want to talk to them all and hug them all so they don't forget me. I know Cassie, Emmett and Miriam will consider me a stranger when I return, but they are young. Oh woe is me, I miss having play time with the kids. I guess I'd better grow up and go fix lunch and end this pity party. Time to think positive thoughts - the sun is shining in Lagos today. We are going to the produce stand and grocery store. I can buy more cookies. Life is still OK.

No comments: