Monday, July 6, 2009

Abeokuta

Abeokuta is well-known in Nigeria for the traditional tie & dye fabrics that they make here. We didn't go to where these are dyed, but I could see lots of the dark blue fabric drying on lines when I was up on Olumo Rock. I really like the light and dark blue fabric they make the best.
Here's a cute mom with her little boy.
They are selling some of the traditional fabrics here. I bought 3 pieces of the blue fabric, each a different pattern. Hopefully I can turn it into a quilt of some sort.
These wooden sidewalks are a little scary to walk on. If a board breaks, they just find another one to lay across the big drainage gutters.
They also sell ready made African garments here. We didn't take much time to shop since our main purpose was to go to Olumo Rock. Also, there was only 1 lady (me) and 4 guys, so I was lucky to be able to look around. It was a fun trip.

No comments: