Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cute Yellow Flower Opens

It has been nice to have some green plants to watch grow and change. I don't really love the "work" aspect of gardening, but I do enjoy looking at flowers and plants. After 4 1/2 months of summer, this looks more normal to to me. The funny thing is that as I have been watching my little plants progress, I have also been noticing some of the native plants (weeds) that are growing out on the side of the street as I walk back and forth to the mission office. There are some of these cute little yellow flowers out there, too. Brother Bright (our mission driver) confirmed my suspicions - I have been watering and talking to some weeds!

This is how things look now after I finished weeding this pot. I could be depressed, but it reminds me of my first summer of married life. I planted some zinnia seeds and was so thrilled when green sprouts soon appeared. Those turned out to be weeds, also, but in time I think some real flowers did come up. I guess I have still another 12 months of summer to look forward to, so I may try again soon.

No comments: