Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Day in the Mission Field

President & Sister Neuder, President & Sister Jones, Elder & Sister Lynch, Elder & Sister Krupp

I moved the Christmas tree into the apartment on Christmas Eve, and it was nice to have all these presents to open on Christmas Day. I made cinnamon rolls first thing to share with the other senior missionaries and the guards at our compounds. That was fun.

We had a nice Christmas dinner about 1:30 at President & Sister Neuder's apartment. Then we spent lots of time talking to our wonderful kids on the phone. Although the day was far from a normal Christmas, it was a very OK day and I only cried a little.

I cried because Heidi surprised me with two cute little quilt kits that I could handstitch. How thoughtful was that! I have had so much fun stitching little blocks together that I haven't worked on the blog or done much of anything else. It was a fun diversion!

No comments: