Tuesday, December 23, 2008

3 Christmas Trees to Decorate

Heidi included a cute mini-tree in our Christmas box that she and the others put together and sent. It was fun to decorate it with little red bows. I especially like all the presents under the tree. This is my little handcarved Nigerian nativity set. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here.
We inherited a tree and decorations from a previous missionary couple, and I think it looks pretty cute. We set it up out in the hall because there isn't much room in the livingroom. I may bring it in for Christmas Eve so that Santa will have somewhere to leave my presents!

This is the large tree that we decorated down in the mission office. It has nice fake candy cane ornaments. I tried to buy candy canes here, but I couldn't find a single one. It needs some good big red bows on the top instead of the one lop-sided one that's there, but you work with what you have. I'm too cheap to go and buy anything new. I love to hit the after-Christmas sales to stock up on stuff for the next year. They need to send me back to the U.S.A. to help the sagging economy!

No comments: