Sunday, June 14, 2009

Random Photos

This is Princess Janeth, the daughter of Emmanuel Okeh, who is our mission's maintenance man for the apartments. He and his wife have 3 older sons, and this little doll is very loved. They have waited over 10 years for this new baby. I was so happy they finally stopped by to show her off.
She rewarded my efforts with a big smile. She's too young to know that I am a scary "Oyibo".
My 6 week old zucchini plants keep outgrowing their garden spot. No sign of a blossom yet, but they are looking pretty good.
Elder Afangbedji posed with me at zone conference last Tuesday so I could model my new African top and skirt. Brother Bright, our mission driver, sewed this for me. The cotton wrinkles some, but the print kind of hides it. The Africans all think it's a wonderful outfit, and so do I. Sister Jones and I shared a bolt of 6 yards. This fabric cost me about $5.00, and about $12.00 to make, so this was a bargain.

No comments: