Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy 40th Anniversary to Us















What do senior missionaries do when they have a special occasion in their lives? Here's what we are doing to celebrate 40 years together.

Last night Elder Quansah and Elder Afangbedji came over for a lesson in brownie making. After that I stayed up & watched Serena beat Safina in the women's semi-final of the US Open. Today I made us French toast for breakfast, & then I baked bread. We went to the produce stand, and then to Nando's for lunch. Kurt had the chicken sandwich with chips, and I had the chicken strips with spicy rice.
After lunch we stopped at the store for a few items. Tonight we are having salmon patties (a favorite), and I hope to watch the men's semi-final matches, and maybe even the women's final. Kurt will read a book. OK, maybe this doesn't sound terribly exciting, but believe me, we are having a great time and are very happy. Maybe I'll put on a romantic song and we will dance around our apartment. Whatever we do, we are glad we are doing it together.

No comments: