Monday, May 25, 2009

May - Time to Plant the Garden

Elder Snow brought us back some zucchini seeds from Salt Lake when he returned after General Conference. Sister Jones and I buy a lot of zucchini whenever we can find nice little ones. So Saturday morning, May 9, I pulled up a section grass and worked some sand into the dirt to make it soft and fluffy. Then I planted 4 seeds in my little circle, and four days later I had these little seedlings.
This is after 1 week of growing.
Saturday I worked in my little garden again. I pulled up more grass to enlarge the growing area and put tiles left over from the mission home construction around as a border so that Brother Evans doesn't mow them down. I pulled out 2 seedlings so it wasn't too crowded to produce nice plants. Aren't they cute? Anyone in Idaho want to have a race to see who will be eating zucchini first?

No comments: