Friday, September 18, 2009

Butchart Gardens




















Mary, Sandy and I took off early in the morning and drove to Anacortes, Washington, to catch the ferry going to Victoria.  It was a fun ride over with a beautiful view of the San Juan Islands.  The ferry docks at Sidney.  We then drove down to Butchart Gardens that evening and toured the gardens for a few hours.  We got an inexpensive 2nd-day pass and spent more time there the next day.  We drove down to Victoria and spent the night in a fancy Marriott Hotel.  We walked about some the next morning.  I'm sure we could have spent a whole day just checking out Victoria, but that wasn't on our agenda.  We went back to Butchart Gardens to get our fill of flowers.  I wish I could go there 3 or 4 times a year so I could see every different type of flower they have there.  It is such an amazing place.

No comments: