Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fashionable Mission Footwear


On my first Sunday in sunny Lagos, I wore my favorite old black flats to church without any pantyhose - Yeah! Or so I thought, because by the end of church I wore the skin right off the top of one of my toes. I then could only wear my Crocs for the next couple of weeks until my toe had healed sufficiently. Sister Wadsworth came to rescue, once again, by giving me two pair of footies. These are a heavy-duty version of the things they give out in the shoe store when trying on shoes. At first I thought they were pretty lame looking, and I really didn't want to try them. However, when going into people's homes to visit, we always take our shoes off before entering. Going barefoot is not such a safe idea, so the footies come in handy. Now I actually love the little things and wish I had more. I hope to start a new "trend" in footwear when I return to Idaho Falls. I'm sure everyone will be so jealous of my new style!

No comments: