Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Produce Stand



We made another trip to the produce stand today. We need to go about twice a week. We made a batch of fresh salsa this morning and used up all our tomatoes, I also bought several bunches of leaf lettuce, and another pineapple. The celery was pretty small. Each stalk was about the size of a pencil, and there are only about6 puny stalks per celery.


I have gotten pretty bold and just step over the big gutter to pick stuff out myself. I don't think the sales guy really appreciates it, but I like to look it over, especially the lettuce. I don't want to take bugs home with me. Kurt said that we did get home with a few ants, however. I guess I wasn't careful enough.





We had Elder and Sister Pack with us. They go home in 2 weeks, and then we will be the only senior missionary couple in either Lagos mission. Elder and Sister Pack live in Holbrook, Arizona, and both were school teachers. After the produce stand, we went to Barcello's for lunch and then made a quick stop at the Oasis market for some whole wheat bread. They were out again today. I may have to break down and make my own again.

No comments: