Saturday, February 7, 2009

Different Birds in Ghana

I was outside one afternoon taking some pictures of the Temple when I could see some really big birds sitting on the roof of the office building. As I got closer, I thought they looked like vultures. I asked one of the missionaries about them and was told that they are turkey vultures.
I don't know anything about turkey vultures. I'm not sure if they got the name because they are dumb like turkeys or because they are about the same size as turkeys.
I heard the nice chirping before I saw the pretty colored birds. This one stands out so nicely against the light color of the Temple walls.
More pretty birds. I saw a gorgeous hummingbird Monday morning after we arrived in Ghana, but I didn't have my camera handy. It was a dark blue-green, and I have never seen one like that in Idaho.

No comments: