Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Bloom Where You Are Planted"

OK, so "bloom where you are planted" is a pretty trite and somewhat over-used phrase. But this is the conclusion of my planted flower seeds that all came up weeds. I had one that looked different from the others, so I didn't pull it out. And finally, I was rewarded with a little sunflower. Since it looks like the picture on the package, I'm pretty sure it is the real thing.
Since the sunflowers were doing so great, I decided to plant something else - cherry tomatoes. I planted them on September 1, Labor Day.
Here we are, on Thanksgiving Day, with the fruits of our labor. We have only had 3 tomatoes so far, but they have been tasty. I may try to plant some right in the ground now that we are moved into the new building. It's kind of fun to be able to grow things year round - one fringe benefit to living in Africa

No comments: