Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moving Day

I was not looking forward to moving to the new apartment. I don't think anyone really likes to move, but I felt like I was being "forced out" of my old comfortable surroundings. When we realized that the church only planned to use the moving company to help move President & Sister Jones, we (Kurt) sprang into action.


Here I am wearing my pioneer bonnet as I am being "driven out" to a new apartment.

We emptied off the bookshelf so someone other than us could haul it. We loaded the drawers from our chest of drawers into the trunk and drove them next door. Kurt packed and hauled, up and down the stairs he went, until we had all our food, dishes, clothes, etc, etc. over to the new apartment. Brother Bright helped us a lot. By afternoon we had everything in the new place and I had started putting away.

Most of my reluctance to move was due to the fact that the new apartment is quite small. In fact you could say it is cramped, but nice. It would be great for one person to stay in for the weekend. But then I am a spoiled American. I admit it. The new place is bigger than:


A Shoebox
or


A Yellow Bus
and much nicer than a tent or a covered wagon. Sometimes I just need to remind myself of those facts so that I can improve my spoiled American bad attitude.

Coming soon - pictures of the new place!



No comments: