Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cute Kitchen

As I compare our apartment here in Lagos to the first place we lived in Provo, I have to admit that this place is much larger and nicer (neighborhood excepted). Just like our 1968 residence, we have no microwave or dishwasher. We're doing OK without them. Elder Krupp washes 98% of the dishes. He is the BEST COMPANION. I do 98% of the cooking. Our little stove has two heat settings for the burners - high and medium high. Our pots and fairly lightweight, therefore, I burn things just like when I was a new bride! We are not starving, though, and trying to laugh off any frustrations. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to see the humor.

Our fridge is a little on the small size. We have to be careful not to buy too much stuff when going to the store. Gone are the days of picking up 5 dozen eggs, 6 pounds of ground beef, 10 pounds of chicken breasts, 2 huge containers of cottage cheese, and a big bag of string cheese. They just wouldn't fit in this gem. I might add that they don't have cottage cheese or string cheese here and the ground beef is scary so I hear. Sam's Club lost a good customer when we moved to Lagos. I hope they are still in business when we get home because I will be doing some big-time stocking up on my favorite things!

No comments: