Saturday, May 3, 2008

Elder Krupp tries to help. Funny boy!



Freight comes to the Missions on a regular basis. The Office Missionaries have the job of moving the boxes from the Service Center Building to storage. Some of the storage is in the Mission Offices. Most of the large items go to the "SHED" in our Compound. The large items are cases of Books of Mormon and "bricks" of pamphlets and brochures. They all weigh a ton. The ones for the shed are stacked in the hall of the first floor of this large building. The hall gets fairly & dangerously congested with all of these boxes. Getting out of the building in a fire would be a disaster.

I'm not doing anything worthwhile, right? So, I decide to move the big stuff to our compound and put it away, tidy, in the shed. The first step is to make sure our car will fit in the small parking lot at the Service Center, then get in there and parked before someone else gets the spot. I did that. Then, I moved all of our Mission's Books of Mormon into the car and escaped before getting blocked in. I moved the cases to the retaining wall by the shed. As the time of day got later, Elizabeth, our guard said it looked like rain and the cases would not be safe outside overnight. She was right. I was waiting for the Mission Maintenance Man to show up with the keys to the shed. I have moved the boxes from the large building to the small car. Then, I moved the boxes from the small car to the retaining wall you see in the photo. I moved them from the wall to the covered area in front of our apartment to make sure they didn't get wet. That is move number 3. That part of the process worked. The books stayed dry. The Maintenance Man showed up way after dark, so it was good the books were under cover.

The next step was to move the books back out to the retaining wall in the morning and wait for the Maintenance Man. Poor Elder Krupp. That counts move number 4. Thursday was a National Worker's Holiday and the Maintenance man sent me a Text Message saying, "Hey, boss, I'm not coming, OK?" He did explain that it was a Holiday. OK, I'm thinking, what do I do to finish "helping out" and get the cases of books put in the shed? Later in the morning, Elder Krupp figures out, DUH! that I had the keys to the shed. Emmanuel, the Maintenance Man brought them to me at 8:00 PM Wednesday night. I was thinking I would have to move them again. Poor Elder Krupp! I wonder if you will try to "help out", again? Move number 5 ended with the books in the shed. Hallelujah...

No comments: