Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our Jumbo Box


The kids sent us a jumbo box through DHL that was full of stuff that we didn't have room for in our luggage. It was full of vitamins, some new t-shirts for me, and just a whole huge assortment of stuff. Kurt Jr. stuck in some of those big Hershey chocolate eggs that are covered with a hard candy coating like an m and m. They are one of my personal favorite things that I shouldn't eat. (He must have over bought at Easter) One thing that we wanted were new dish towels. I'm sure they sell them in Lagos, but they just aren't as nice and would cost more. Our new ones look great and work great, too! Was it worth the HUGE cost and all the hassle that the kids went through to shop for and to send it? Yes, it sure was to us! It was a connection to home. It showed us how much our family loves us. It gave us some entertainment as we tracked the box online. It was kind of like watching and tracking Santa online on Christmas Eve and estimating how long it will take his sleigh to get to our house. The excitement has tapered off, but I can remember what great kids I have every time I walk into our kitchen and see those towels hanging up by our BYU Aprons. Thanks, you guys!!!

No comments: