Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Keeping Things Clean

The Blue-Touch glass cleaner was a hand-me-down from the Wadsworth's apartment, and the Windolene we had already purchased. We were surprised when we got home with the Windolene because it cost 140 naira, but it turned out that it was 740 naira, so I had picked out the most expensive stuff. I read the price sticker on the bottle wrong. The Blue-Touch brand was about half that price. I probably have enough to last me until I come home.
I think all the cleaning products are plenty adequate. I love the names. OMO is like TIDE, but with phosphates. I haven't ever seen it in big boxes like we have in the U.S. Elephant is a laundry booster, so I use both when doing our whites. The problem seems to be the color of the water when it comes to keeping things white. JIK is bleach, which we have already commented on. Nice green Morning Fresh dishwashing soap seems comparable to Palmolive. Vim is like Ajax( I think it should be called Vim and Vigor). The orange bottle is Harpic for cleaning the toilet. I love this stuff. It is peach/jasmine scented, and I may have to bring some home for gifts to my friends and family.

No comments: