Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Excitement in the Bathroom


I cleaned the bathroom on Monday. I had washed my little pink throw rugs and had just put them back in the bathroom and gone into the kitchen. Suddenly I heard some water noise. I ran into the bathroom and saw water spraying all over. I yelled for Kurt to get in here quick (or something to that effect). The pressure relief valve on the bottom of the hot water tank had broken and the supply hose was shooting water all over the place. (It's the white one that is down and laying horizontally across some other metal hose.) Kurt got control of the hose and had me hold it down toward the shower while he went outside and turned off the shut off valve. We then mopped up, wiped off the previously clean mirrors, and dried everything else off. Here are the miracles. First, I wasn't buck naked in the shower at the time, and second, the plumber, Yusef, just happened to be working on the upstairs apartment. He came and assessed the problem, made it so we had cold water at least, and said he would be back with the part to fix it today. How often do you have a plumber on hand when you have an emergency like that? It was a little inconvenient since we had Elder and Sister Pack coming over for dinner and had to heat water on the stove for the dishwashing. I also heated some this morning for my "bucket" bath. But now it is all fixed, and nothing else has broken today. Hip Hip Hooray.

No comments: